The BID Steering Committee is confident that each prospective BID member had the opportunity to learn about the proposed BID. For example,
- Two notifications to property owners and tenants to join the BID Steering Committee (2009)
- Two public informational meetings in April 2010
- Four informational mailings were undertaken
- Over 1,200 email messages and 2,500 telephone calls to all property owners and tenants were conducted.
- Significant posting of notices in all available lobbies in the BID area
- Advertisements in The Observer
- Full page article in the NY Post, front page article in New York Times, and many others (See NEWS)
- One-on-one surveys for all retailers
- Specialized meetings for Mixed-Use Cooperative properties.
To date, the BID Committee continues to provide opportunity to learn more about the BID proposal for SoHo’s Broadway.
An “Outreach Binder” documenting all tasks and correspondence has been submitted to NYCSBS and to City Planning Commission and City Council.