The City’s certification programs feature the Minority and Women-owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE) Program, the Emerging Business Enterprise (EBE) Program and the Locally-based Business Enterprise (LBE) Program. We certify, promote, and foster the growth of the City’s M/WBEs and eligible small construction and construction-related businesses.
More than 4,500 businesses currently benefit from New York City Certification. The City spends up to $17 billion per year on goods and services. By 2025, the City aims to award $16 billion in City contracts to M/WBEs. Over the next five years, the City has goals to double the number of City-certified M/WBEs to 9,000, and increase the M/WBE utilization rate from 14% to 30%.
If you need help with getting certified, attend an upcoming certification workshop.
- Get M/WBE and/or LBE certified faster with New York City, if you are already certified with our partners:
- New York City School Construction Authority
- Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- Women President’s Educational Organization
- New York & New Jersey Minority Supplier Development Council Inc.
- Empire State Development Corporation
* Make sure to select the M/WBE or LBE FastTrack application when applying online.
Learn more about the City’s efforts to ensure minority and women-owned businesses have greater access to public contracting opportunities.
Questions? Contact NYC Small Business Services